Behold the new blog!!!
First I tried to make my own template. That turned out to be a poor use of my lunch hour... apparently I need to refresh my GIMP skills before getting back into the crazy world of photo manipulation (believe me-- I hang my head in shame. Future lunch hours will be dedicated to saving my GIMPiness). I then had a weekend of flirting with all kinds of free templates from the internet. Download. Unzip. Upload. XML. etc, etc, etc. Downloading is apparently NOT my thing because, well... it didn't seem to work for me! I feel so limited. Or so impatient. Regardless, I was saved by reading a nice little post that introduced me to a little thing from Blogger called "Blogger in draft" that lets you design your own background. Glorious!!
This is particularly important because I have decided on the life experiment for 2010:
MONTH OF CREATIVITY
(I just realized the title of my creativity month needs to be improved if I hope to inspire confidence in this effort. Something just a little more... creative)
Anyhow, I'm looking forward to this one. As a recap, 2008 was MONTH OF THE FOOD PYRAMID and 2009 was MONTH AT THE POVERTY LINE (notice a trend here... my creativity title has a sad lineage to work from). I love my life experiments. Before 2008, I had no idea (no idea!) just how many vegetables we should be eating if we actually lived according to governmental guidelines. Let me tell you--it's lots and lots of vegetables!! And in 2009, I was reminded of what it was like to not be able to purchase (among other things) a cute cheap skirt from a second hand store because it would strain my budget. That was an interesting month and helped me recognize a few more of the blessings in my life.
I'm excited to see what learnings I get from MOC. I plan on posting about my creative efforts, both the successes (like figuring out a new blog look!) and the failures. If my mugs from my pottery class from last fall are any indicator, there will be failures. My coworkers lovingly call the ugly little guys "Muglies".
6 comments:
Lol at the muglies. And YES I'm excited for MOC and exactly how many vegetables are we supposed to get?
Looks good Lora girl! Love you!
Thanks, friends. :)
Carrie--I used the Mayo Clinic food pyramid (because it seemed to be a more appropriate fit for a petite gal like myself). MC recommends a min of 4 veggies per day (plus min of 3 fruits). Basically, you have to eat vegetables at every meal (a full serving) and another full serving for snacks. Plus the fruit. It's hard to think of various breakfast options with vegetables! On the plus side, I felt like I was eating ALL THE TIME to keep up so that was fun.
I like your new blog look, it's quite classy. Can I claim credit for participating in the poor month, even though I didn't make any changes to my purchasing life?
I second Ben's comment on the new look. Very fitting. To give a delayed answer your question about our layout, I just spent hours searching online through blog templates until I found that one. Then I spent even more hours tweaking the html stuff and putting our own pictures in until I got to the present result. Thus your talk of GIMP and unziping and uploading, etc. spoke to me. I tried thinking of a good name for your MOC, but seeing as how I didn't even come up with my own blog template, maybe I am not the best suited person for the job.
I second Ben's comment on the new look. Very fitting. To give a delayed answer your question about our layout, I just spent hours searching online through blog templates until I found that one. Then I spent even more hours tweaking the html stuff and putting our own pictures in until I got to the present result. Thus your talk of GIMP and unziping and uploading, etc. spoke to me. I tried thinking of a good name for your MOC, but seeing as how I didn't even come up with my own blog template, maybe I am not the best suited person for the job.
Post a Comment