My new bike
Not the best picture but I love her!! She is my second best purchase in Boston, just after my degree and right before my down coat with the fur--faux, of course-- trimmed hood. It's amazing how much freedom comes when you don't have to abide by the pathways and schedule of the T. I'm actually buying a car this weekend (eek!) so I'll have additional levels of freedom, but I think in my heart of hearts, I'll always love the bike a little more...don't tell Toby (the name of the car that will soon be mine) that though. It's not his fault...
My new hat
I wore my hat when I went apple picking at Phil's Orchard. I had never met Phil before, but he was a very sweet older gentleman. In fact, his kindness rekindled my love of trusting people. I wanted to buy honey from him, but as I was checking out I realized I didn't have enough cash for both honey and apples. I started to put the honey back (a little sad, because I had grabbed the last available honey jar and I knew the people in line would definitely pounce on it), but he just stopped me and told me not to worry about it. He handed me a pre-addressed envelope and said I could just mail him the money when I got it. It was very cute and heart warming.
P.S. I made homemade apple sauce with the apples and it was delicious! I recommend it.
My new job
I'm really liking the job so far. I was so sad to leave my previous job and coworkers, even though I knew it was time for me to move on. So, I've been very grateful to realize that I really like my new coworkers. They are funny, smart and really hardworking. Plus, the work itself is personally more interesting for me and moves at a quicker pace than my old job. I think it was a good switch.
My new calling
Not too much to say here, other than I'm excited for it and that I love the various opportunities we have to serve in the church. It's so nice to be able to serve in different capacities. I've learned a lot about myself through my different callings in the church and each one has helped strengthen different parts of my testimony-- the role of personal revelation, the importance of faith (generally and, importantly, in the Atonement), the strength that comes through obedience, the joy that comes through greater knowledge of truth. I'm excited to see what I learn from this calling, especially because I already love visiting teaching.
My new boyfriend
Alright, I don't know that I can technically call him *new* seeing how it's been about a year+ of a fairly steady on and off relationship, but we're definitely back together. It's been really hard and we're getting to the point of seeing if we're willing to commit to each other long term-- kind of scary. It's weird because each time we get back together I think, "This is it! This is when it will all come together," and then I'm sitting with him on a Friday night (and all day Saturday), just permanently confused but still kind of loving him when I let myself just appreciate the basic elements of the whole thing. (Would it take the joke too far if I likened my professor to our relationship counselor? Well, probably... basically I just want to say I like my professor).
P.S. Remember that weird math sketch I posted in August? Well, I made my professor's cut for things to display on his website! Twice, in fact. Please do not assume this 'honor' indicates notable math ability (in fact, I think the reason mine were so pretty is because I was productively procrastinating doing the real math). Nonetheless, I was excited to see it!
My new look
We were X-men, Texas style, (ahem--teX-men) for Halloween. I was Rogue. It was awesome. Plus I bought new cowboy boots for the occasion. And skinny jeans. And, yes-- I have worn both of them on various other occasions and love it!




3 comments:
My favorite part is your hat.
I love the Rogue look too! And, dang! Skinny jeans! How is the dating going? I feel so out of the loop! I can't believe I missed all these posts!!!
Thanks, CK! It's not quite the same as a cowgirl fairy, but it'll do for now. Maybe if I wore the cowgirl fairy outfit it would help my dating life a bit. Pretty sure it would actually-- everything would get magically awesome! (or awesomely magical)
Post a Comment