2.14.2009

The Magic of Dating


The Madsen date went well. He was clever, funny, amiable, etc. Neither of us fell in love but I think neither side regretted the three hours we spent chatting about the NBA, economics and Minnesota. Well, I do regret that I lost an earring during the course of the evening but that regret can be replaced with a $5 purchase at Target.

Sadly, however, not all dates are so pleasant. *Of course* we've all been on the dates where the situation is awkward or our date is awkward...but today, in honor of Valentine's Day and Friday the 13th, I'm thinking of the dates when I, LJF, was awkward. Cringe-worthy, even. Here is my favorite:

I unintentionally crashed the date of a boy/best friend that I harbored a not-so-secret crush on for more than a year with the intention of having "a talk" with him. Sadly, even when I tried to run away from the scene of the interpersonal crime, his roommates blocked my flight and insisted that I join as the date of one of the roommates. We certainly had a long talk after all of that.


Totally weird.



No comments: