1.28.2009

Call it a rebound


















First post-Teppo date: 
Mark Madsen, Saturday night

(insert eyebrow raise here)

Oddly enough, I have two connections to Mad Dog.  The first is a good friend of mine, Adam, who was his roommate in Minnesota.  The second is an acquaintance from HBS (his Stanford roommate) who randomly called me up at work last summer to ask if I wanted to go on a blind date with Madsen. "What?  No thank you; I'm currently dating someone else."  He paused, as if waiting for me to reconsider.  Paused some more and then said, "Well, let me know if you change your mind."

So... this month, one of the things my coworkers kept reminding me of was that now I could go on this random date with a random NBA player through a random HBS connection.  Random.  I mentioned this oddity to Adam.  He immediately started to laugh, "That would be so funny."  

"I know--basically I'm 5'3 (5'4 on a good day) and somewhat philosophically opposed to professional sports.  It would be so weird."

"That would be SO funny!!"

Five minutes pass; he looks at me, "That would be so fun."

"No, Adam!  Do you actually see me connecting with this guy?"

Chuckle, "There would be compromises.  It would be so fun! So funny."

*Groan, laughter, groan*  So, double date this Saturday night. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know his family, and have met him once. VERY nice. VERY large guy.

Super cool family.

(He won't remember me, don't say anything.)

His family used to live in Danville, and I was roommates with all the danville girls (Ahsley, Anne, Becky, Shauna.) I don't know if you know them.

Keep us posted! Luv ya!

Sherrie Batty said...

Well the good news is that you can wear your tallest shoes possible... have fun.

L.J. said...

I knew I should have bought those four inch heels! I guess I'll have to rely on my three inch'ers. Oh well--I suppose an inch isn't too much when we're measuring height differences in feet. :)