I have four brothers and a brother-in-law who have helped me cultivate a sense of self-respect, lovability and willingness to love, curiosity, humor and confidence. I have guy friends who reaffirm a sense of joy and fun in life, and are generous with their kindness toward me. I have a bishop who serves me and loves me and lifts me up even when I don't realize I need to be lifted. Even my ex-boyfriends are good guys, who were sweet and respectful toward me during break-ups and the following adjustment phase.
Above all else, I have a wonderful father who I love and respect so deeply and dearly. To me, he is a living example of D&C 121:41-43-- he is truly gentle, loving, kind, pure and without guile. He's also happy, devout, curious, thoughtful and so many other wonderful things.
To my dad, Nathan, Russell, Garrett, Ben, Danny and all the other men in my life I say thank you. Thank you for helping me be better by both challenging me and loving me. Thank you for teaching me what love looks like, in how you treat me and the other women in your life. You have helped me understand goodness, helped keep me sane, made me laugh and think and... so many other things. I can't imagine my life without you and am so grateful for each of you.

3 comments:
Thanks Lora, I'm in a hotel room in Taipei right now, and there wasn't much more that could have helped my feelings of homesickness. You deserve everything good in your life, and much more.
Glad I could help with homesickness. Why are you in Taipei? Maybe you can find some dah-licious pad thai.
And thanks for your sweet words.
I can put a DITTO on that... I won't cut and paste but I agree completely with everyone word you uttered.... er... wrote.
Post a Comment