One post per month. It's not as if I'm intentionally limiting my verbosity. Rather, I just don't think about the blog thing very frequently. Not that it actually matters since I've told approximately 7 people that I have a blog and have only given the URL to loved ones who barely know how to e-mail. Maybe I'll pull up my britches and branch out a little- let others in on my little secret.
Anyway, much has happened recently. First, I had an incredibly theatrical graduation. I didn't expect to actually be entertained by this thing but honestly--there was a sheriff calling the meeting to order and an essay about Star Wars recited in Latin. I don't even know how you technically translate Yoda, but this student apparently knew. And woo-whee, did he have fun with the recitation! I was inspired by at least two of the speeches. Changing the world never seems as possible as during a well-crafted speech. I laughed during the entire two hours and, amazingly, did not cry. It is particularly amazing since my brother did not provide the pistachio cake he had promised me. Some other time I suppose.
However, there was a significant amount of crying the next day. The temple is remarkable.
A third change came via the form of a very happy phone call. I was actually offered a job! Not only a job, but a cool job with nice/brilliant people and an awesome campus. I am blessed. And, as an unexpected bonus, this is the first group of people where I am nearly the same height as everyone I meet. This is a rare occurrence for me but definitely appreciated. Not only does it mean that I don't have to crane my neck to look at people, but (perhaps more importantly) I can frequently wear my very cute ballet flats that are both comfortable and professional. Yay for adulthood!
1 comment:
A little slow getting to this I grant...but I need to defend my honor. I don't think the words, "L, I will give you a pistachio cake" ever left my lips (or any other portion of my mouthular area). This is the type of thing that can ruin a reputation when I run for Alderman (sorry, Alderperson).
Post a Comment